2020 Call for Speakers
The IASA Annual Educational Conference and Business Show attracts more than 2,500 insurance technology, finance, accounting, operations and other professionals seeking to enhance their industry knowledge and exchange ideas and information. When developing the educational program, our goal is to offer sessions that meet the educational needs of attendees through real-world case studies and examples presented by leaders and experts from insurance and financial services companies.
IASA invites skilled speakers and industry experts to submit speaking proposals for the 2020 Conference to be held in St. Louis, MO June 7-10, 2020.
We are excited to announce the deployment of a new platform, Personify, for the Call for Speakers process. The Personify Call for Speakers module is easy to use and will provide an improved user experience for submitters and speakers. You will be able to create, submit and modify your topic from one central location.
Please continue reading for topic ideas, instructions for submission and information on the evaluation and acceptance process.
The Education Committee has listed topics below for consideration. This list is not intended to limit the focus of submissions and we encourage and welcome the suggestion of other industry topics.
- InsurTech (including Case Studies, InsurTech/MaturTech Collaboration)
- Core Modernization (Including Policy, Billing, Claims)
- Data & Analytics (Including Management, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Predictive Analytics)
- Emerging Tech (Including Augmented Reality, AI, connected sensors, Robotic Process Automation)
- Digital Transformation & Customer Experience (Including next-gen interactions: UIs, portals, voice, messaging, etc.; personalization, consultation and flexibility)
- Cybersecurity and Risk Management
- IT Outsourcing and Business Process Outsourcing
- Addressing Technology Debt
- Portfolio Governance
Accounting, Risk Management & Finance (A.R.F.)
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Operational Best Practices & Financial Process Transformation (Including Workflow, Robotic Process Automation, Digital Transformation, Organization Design)
- Changing Regulatory Environment
- Tax Matters (Including Legislative Updates and Other Hot Topics)
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Reinsurance Issues
Professional Development (P.D.)
- Managing Your Career
- Self-Improvement (Including Managing Work-Life Balance, Public Speaking, etc.)
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Setting and Managing Expectations
- Developing and Mentoring Emerging Leaders
- Self-Improvement (Executive Presence, Authentic Leadership, etc.)
- Creating an organizational vision & executing
- Fostering cross functional collaboration
- Emerging Leaders
- Creating and Managing a Social Media Presence
- Balancing Ambition and Patience
- Presentation Skills (Written, Verbal, Know your Audience)
The following fields must be completed in order to submit, even if the information may change.
- Presentation title
- Presenters, if currently identified (contact and bio information required)
- Estimated session length (15-30, 30-45, 45-60, 60, 90 mins)
- Format: Multiple Speakers, Panel Discussion (moderator facilitated), Single Speaker
- Emerging Leaders
- Professional Development
- Business Operations (Claims, Underwriting, Risk, Customer Service)
- Human Resources
- Other - add suggested track
- Ability Level
- Basic Learning Objectives for attendees
- Target audience
Proposals should provide attendees:
- New skills, capabilities, and behaviors that attendees can apply to their daily work
- Real-life examples or case studies that contribute to the advancement of the industry
- Technologies, trends, and insights into best practices
- Leadership skills that demonstrate effective problem solving, communication, and engagement
IASA is looking for proposals that appeal to all types of learners. In order to have the best educational experience for the participants in your session, IASA is looking to move away from the traditional lecture-based educational session to a more participant-based educational session. Some types are:
- Problem Solving - speakers pose a problem and lead attendees through exercises to develop solutions
- Experimental/Case Study – speakers review a case study and lessons learned
- Interactive Presentation and Group Discussions
Proposals will be accepted online only from August 1, 2019 to September 5, 2019.
The selection process is highly competitive. Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Overall quality of submission content
- Well-defined educational objectives
- Relevancy of content to the industry
- Presentation skill and experience of the proposed speaker(s)
- Topic and content applicability to a broad audience
The educational component of the Annual Conference seeks to educate its audience on relevant topics. Please refrain from promotional references.
Registering to Attend the Conference:
Please note the Speaker Registration Policy has changed. See IASA's Speaker Registration Policy page for details.
If your proposal is accepted, an invitation to participate will be sent to you in early October with additional details. Additional requirements and registration information will be provided to all speakers upon acceptance.