Call for Speaker Topics
The IASA Annual Educational Conference and Business Show attracts more than 2,500 insurance technology, finance, accounting, operations and other professionals seeking to enhance their industry knowledge and exchange ideas and information. When developing the educational program, our goal is to offer sessions that meet the educational needs of attendees through real-world case studies and examples presented by leaders and experts from insurance and financial services companies.
IASA invites skilled speakers and industry experts to submit speaking proposals for the 2019 Conference to be held in Phoenix, AZ June 2-5, 2019.
Please note that if you are a solution provider/associate member and your proposal is accepted, you must complete a paid conference registration.
The Education Committee has listed topics below for consideration. This list is not intended to limit the focus of submissions and we encourage and welcome the suggestion of other industry topics.
- InsurTech (including Case Studies, InsurTech/MaturTech Collaboration)
- Core Modernization (Including Policy, Billing, Claims)
- Data & Analytics (Including Management, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Predictive Analytics)
- Emerging Tech (Including Augmented Reality, AI, connected sensors, Robotic Process Automation)
- Digital Transformation & Customer Experience (Including next-gen interactions: UIs, portals, voice, messaging, etc.; personalization, consultation and flexibility)
- Cybersecurity and Risk Management
- IT Outsourcing and Business Process Outsourcing
Accounting, Risk Management & Finance (A.R.F.)
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Operational Best Practices & Financial Process Transformation (Including Workflow, Robotic Process Automation, Digital Transformation, Organization Design)
- Changing Regulatory Environment
- Tax Matters (Including Legislative Updates and Other Hot Topics)
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Reinsurance Issues
Professional Development (P.D.)
- Managing Your Career
- Self-Improvement (Including Managing Work-Life Balance, Public Speaking, etc.)
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Setting and Managing Expectations
- Developing and Mentoring Young Professionals
- Self-Improvement (Executive Presence, Authentic Leadership, etc.)
- Young Professionals
- Creating and Managing a Social Media Presence
- Balancing Ambition and Patience
- Presentation Skills (Written, Verbal, Know your Audience)
The following fields must be completed in order to submit, even if the information may change. Submissions must include participation from insurance company professionals to be considered for inclusion in the 2019 program.
- Program - please indicate ARF, TECH or PD
- Presentation title
- Brief session proposal/abstract (limit of 200 words)
- Basic Learning Objectives for attendees
- Target audience
- List of insurance companies participating
- Contact information for submitter
- Estimated session length (30, 60, 90 mins)
Proposals should provide attendees:
- New skills, capabilities, and behaviors that attendees can apply to their daily work
- Real-life examples or case studies that contribute to the advancement of the industry
- Technologies, trends, and insights into best practices
- Leadership skills that demonstrate effective problem solving, communication, and engagement
IASA is looking for proposals that appeal to all types of learners. In order to have the best educational experience for the participants in your session, IASA is looking to move away from the traditional lecture-based educational session to a more participant-based educational session. Some types are:
Proposals will be accepted online only from July, 2018 to August 31, 2018.
The selection process is highly competitive. Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Overall quality of submission content
- Well-defined educational objectives
- Relevancy of content to the industry
- Presentation skill and experience of the proposed speaker(s)
- Topic and content applicability to a broad audience
Please note that the educational component of the Annual Conference seeks to educate its audience and not promote any specific products. Presentations cannot be sales pitches. The IASA exhibit hall is available for such promotional activity.
If your proposal is accepted, an invitation to participate will be sent to you with the details of your assigned time/date. Additional requirements and registration information will be provided to all speakers upon acceptance.