Chapter Volunteer Profile
By Patrick Raleigh, Merrill Corporation, IASA Land O' Lakes Chapter Past President
Featured Volunteer: William E. Miller, Partner, Audit, KPMG LLP, President of IASA Ohio Chapter
eInterpreter: What was the first IASA Chapter event you attended and what inspired you to go?
Miller: My first IASA event was the 2011 Ohio Chapter Fall Conference. Since that time, I've attended several other events nationally and other chapter conferences. I must say that a little bit of peer pressure from friends and colleagues prompted me to attend that first event and I haven't looked back ever since.
Continue Reading from eInterpreter...
eInterpreter: What is the biggest benefit of having access to insurance education locally to you and your company?
Miller: For our members, the education component of our activities is critical to staying up-to-date on industry issues and hot topics as well as serving as a mechanism to maintain professional licensure requirements. The Ohio Chapter proudly hosts 25 break-out sessions at our Annual Fall Conference covering a variety of topics centered on the following five themes:
- Introductory Courses on Insurance
- Business & Industry Hot Topics (Investments, Pensions, Regulator Updates)
- Accounting Updates (Stat, GAAP, NAIC Annual Statement)
- Systems and Technology (Financial Transformation, Data & Analytics)
- Personal and Professional Development (How to manage your boss, Developing Leaders, Personal Finance)
eInterpreter: If money was no object...what would you love to do for a living?